Save the Date: Avaya ENGAGE 2019
Mark your calendar for Avaya ENGAGE 2019 in Austin, Texas on January 20-23, 2019. Avaya ENGAGE connects more than 3,000 Avaya users, partners, speakers and executives from around the world to collaborate, discover and learn about the future of digital transformation, A.I., and flexible cloud communications solutions. Hear how Avaya customers are enhancing team workflow, customer engagement and intelligent connections that have a positive impact through Avaya’s commitment to drive Experiences that Matter.
Avaya ENGAGE 2019
Austin Convention Center
500 E Cesar Chavez Street
Austin, TX 78701
Business Operation Updates
A1S Tools October Updates for Ordering Multipacks
October 8, 2018 updates for A1S Configurator include:
- Pending End of Sale for 96xx multipacks
- Removal of 96xx multipacks from the A1S design tools
- New quotes will only quote the higher price for single phones when quantities are entered
- All users must manually piece part add 4-packs of phones to all new system quotes
- End of Sale for 4-packs of phones
You can still select multipacks with Westcon’s IP Office Configuration tool, without taking any additional steps for the 4-packs. Multipacks are still piece parts orderable. For more information, click here.
Existing Quotes in A1S Configurator
For quotes created in A1S Configurator prior to April 9, 2018 that need to be modified or copied, users must:
- Remove the 4-packs from the existing quote
- Change the quantity of phones in the quote
- Piece part add the 4-packs of phones back into the quote in order to get the quote to Ready To Order (RTO) status
Note: There is no change for new and existing quotes in Westcon IPO Configurator
Special Bid Request Submission Updates
Effective October 1, 2018 Special Bid Request Submissions via SalesForce will be rejected.
- Multi Site Quote Tool (MSQT)
- Avaya Private Cloud Services (Formerly Avaya Operation Services)
- Change Management Request Authorization (CMRA)
- SAP Quotes
Going forward Avaya One Source Special Bid Deal Manager is the tool.
If you haven’t attended a training session, please make sure that you and your teams understand the new process before October 1.
IP Office R11 Service Pack 1 is Now Available
IP Office Release 11.0 Service Pack 1 incorporates new software for:
- IP Office Core Switch 188.8.131.52.0 Build 8
- IP Office Server Edition 184.108.40.206.0 Build 8
- IP Office Application Server 220.127.116.11.0 Build 8
- Unified Communications Module 18.104.22.168.0 Build 8
- Preferred Edition (VoiceMail Pro) 22.214.171.124.0 Build 3
- one-X Portal 126.96.36.199.0 Build 38
- Soft Console 188.8.131.52.0 Build 1
- “Powered by Avaya 3.0” Partner Hosted 184.108.40.206.0 Build 8
- Avaya Cloud Operations Manager (COM) 220.127.116.11.0 Build 18
Upgrade Path to IP Office 11.0
|Platform||Current Release||Upgrade Step 1||Upgrade Step 2|
|IP500 V2||18.104.22.168 and earlier||Load 8.1 (65) or 9.0||Load 11.0|
|All modules||22.214.171.124 and earlier||Load 8.1 (65) or 9.0||Load 11.0|
|IP500 V2||126.96.36.199 and later||–||Load 11.0|
|All modules||188.8.131.52 and later||–||Load 11.0|
New J139 Phone
The new J139 phone is only supported on IP Office 11.0 SP1. IP Office 11.0 SP1 is required for the J129 which must function using SIP firmware only.
The following features are not supported on IP Office with the J139:
|Advanced Call Presentation/Handling||IP Office Features/Status Menus||Button Configuration|
IP Office Digital Station Module B2 Version
The B2 versions of the Digital Station 16 and 30 Expansion Modules are now provisioned in Avaya quote tools. The B(1) versions of the Digital Station 16 and 30 Expansion Modules are still available to be piece part added to quotes for older systems.
|700511093||IP Office IP500 Digital Station 16B2 RJ45|
|700511094||IP Office IP500 Digital Station 30B2 RJ45|
External Expansion Modules
4 Originally only supported in R10.1. Further support added in R9.1 SP12 and R10.0 SP5.
5 Service Pack 9 and higher.
Rapid Ramp and Upcoming Webinars
Take advantage of new sessions on verticals for public safety: E911, Campus Security and Smart Cities.
Access previous RapidRamp enablement sessions.
Join us for the Avaya 2018 Partner Community Council Fall Technical Forum in Chicago.
- Top Gun IP Office Training
- Technical Breakout Sessions: Tools/Renewals, Aura 8, Equinox
- General Sessions: Artificial Intelligence, Avaya Workflow Live, Oceana, Breeze Snap-ins
- Immersive Verticals Sessions
Plus, attendees will receive a 20% Avaya Learning discount coupon!