Ride the Wave — Avaya Oceana Solution 3.3 Now Generally Available
The July 7 release provides additional investment protection for existing Avaya customers while offering a new path to Avaya Oceanalytics, simplified installation, reduced footprint, security improvements and simplified routing management.
Business Operation Updates
Avaya Networking Updates
Here is a summary of the key business operations changes to the Networking Quote to Ordering Separation Policy regarding promotions, special bids, quoting and ordering.
Partners can continue to sell the entire Avaya Networking portfolio of products and solutions.
Your current Westcon and Avaya account manager will be your single point of contact.
Quoting and Ordering
All mixed quotes AUS in “Ready to Order” status will change to In-complete status, and will not progress to an order until the Networking codes are separated. And a new separate quote will need to be created.
Mixed quotes will be set to a blocked status on the Quote Center page in A1S.
All newly created quotes will require separate Avaya quotes for Avaya Networking and Avaya non-networking products and services.
For details, please refer to the Networking Quote to Ordering Separation Policy.
The standard AIS Deal Manager or SFDC/SSR process will apply to separate Avaya non-networking and networking quotes.
- Any special bids or Deal Registration discounts will have to be redone if they have not processed by June 30th.
- The Partner will be responsible to separate into 2 quotes and re-apply for any previously approved discounts.
Networking promos removed from mixed quotes and all non-Networking offers (SMB, MidMarket & Enterprise) on 1st July following divestiture of Avaya Networking
These promos Continue Fabric NOW, Network NOW and ACE-Fx Select
Avaya Edge Partner Program
Existing program requirements and policies will remain in effect for the immediate future.
Avaya does not anticipate any pricing changes while Avaya systems are being utilized for Networking sales
Renewal Quoting (EC Services)
A1S Renewals and MSQT quotes do not require separation. Existing contracts with mixed materials will be separated by Avaya. Support contracts will be cloned as they are today and the Networking portion will be assumed by Extreme.
Avaya Support Services Reference Guide
Use this document as your source for answers to all questions related to offers and policies supported by Avaya Support Services.
Westcon IPO Services Tool
The Westcon Avaya IP Office Services tool makes it easy to quote complete solutions. Receive a quote for installation, support and training services simply by entering information for the IPO systems you’re recommending.
Support Coverage Cancellations and Term Fees
When a customer purchases support coverage under the terms of a specific agreement, both the customer and Avaya are obligated to honor the terms of the agreement. Customers that prematurely terminate their support coverage may receive termination fees. Customers may be exempt from term fees if the cancellation is done at the time of upgrade. Upgrades done on a different sold-to number than the original system, could result in term fees as it does not fall within the guidelines for an upgrade based on sold to.
IPO Summer Offer
Through September 26, take advantage of the IPO Summer offer. This simple and attractive promotion targeting customers with greater than 30 users, is for new IP Office and requires the following:
- IP500 v2 Control Unit or Server or Virtual Server
- Minimum Essential Edition (ASIPP or non-ASIPP), R9.1
- Any mix of analog or digital extensions, or IP licenses (ASIPP or non-ASIPP) up to 3,000
- Minimum of 30 endpoints
- Minimum of $5,000 list deal size
To heat up your summer sales with the IPO Summer offer, click here.
Gmail Voicemail to Email Issue 9.1 SP8 and SP10 as well as 10.0 SP3
- Gmail stopped accepting SMTP transactions around March 2017 from cell providers that include a comma in caller ID name
- Some cell providers are using city-comma-state as the format for caller ID name display (i.e. Denver, CO)
- Critical patches available
No Audio on IP Phones 10.0 SP3
- When users were created via .csv templates or LDAP imports
- Transmit and receive gain fields (-32 is default) are populated, which means a media stream is there, but -32 may be too low to hear, so user believes there is no audio
- Do not change the gain level manually and push that programming back to IPO, anyone doing this will not be supported by Avaya
- Patch available
Voicemail Pro Busy 10.0 SP2, SP3
- Voicemail Pro provides busy signal for callers sent to mailboxes and/or AA
- Voicemail Pro service shows running
- Voicemail type shows “none”
- Problem is a memory buffer leak
- Restarting IP Office core clears memory depletion
- Current workaround is to disable RTCP monitoring
Westcon RapidRamp On Demand
Want to review Westcon RapidRamp Training sessions on demand? Click here to access the archive.
|Westcon RapidRamp Training|
|August 2||Onboarding for New Avaya Partners|
|August 8||Designing IP Office with Westcon IPO Configurator Tool|
|August 15||IP Office 500v2 Applications|
|August 17||Making Your UC Cloud Decision Easy|
|August 22||Info to Know for IP Office Upgrades & Migrations|
|August 24||Appointment Setting Application for IPO and Aura|
|Westcon Academy Training|
|August 7-11||IP Office Platform Basic Integration and Configuration|
|August 18||Avaya IP Office Basic Administration Training|
Improve Your Solution Knowledge in Just Five Minutes with Market Information Sheets!
Having accurate and concise information at your fingertips is valuable as you prepare for customer meetings. That’s why we created Market Information Sheets. Each Market Information Sheet provides an offer overview that includes benefits and value, target buyers and users, competitive differentiators, an elevator pitch and much more. And since they are only one or two pages long, you only need five minutes to become an expert!
Use these Marketing Information Sheets to create solution-based conversations with your prospects that highlight the value Avaya Customer and Team Engagement solutions, and Avaya Services deliver.
Customer Engagement Solutions:
- Market Information Sheet for Avaya Oceana
- Market Information Sheet for Avaya Oceanalytics
- Market Information Sheet for Avaya Control Manager
- Market Information Sheet for Avaya Proactive Outreach Manager 3.0.4
- Market Information Sheet for Avaya Elite Multichannel 6.5
Team Engagement Solutions:
- Avaya Equinox Market Information Sheet
- Avaya Equinox Attendant 5.0 Market Information Sheet
- Avaya Aura 7.0 Messaging Marketing Information Sheet
- Market Information Sheet for Avaya Control Manager
- Enterprise Software Subscription – Market Information Sheet
- Market Information Sheet for IP Office 10.1
- Market Information Sheet for IP Office Contact Center 10.1