THE EVOLUTION OF I.T. INFRASTRUCTURE
Hyperconvergence is the next natural step in the evolution of the data center. Complex IT infrastructures are shifting away from familiar hardware-defined systems toward the new software-defined reality.
WHAT IS HYPERCONVERGENCE?
According to IDC, “hyperconverged infrastructure essentially collapses core storage, computing, and networking functions into a single software solution or appliance. Hence it is simply a more tightly integrated converged system with compute, storage, and networks decoupled from the underlying infrastructure and defined/ configured at a software level.”
There is more than one way to deliver a hyperconverged solution: as a hardware-software appliance in a pre-defined configuration, or as a flexible solution based on a purely software-defined architecture. In either case, the principal characteristic common to either approach is that expensive, monolithic storage frames and the physical SAN are both eliminated.
NUTANIX & LENOVO
Nutanix commands a 52% share of the hyperconverged market, making it the undisputed leader in hyperconvergence with a record of continuous innovation. Much like Lenovo, Nutanix has an ambitious vision of transforming how enterprise data centers are designed, managed, and scaled with consumer-grade ease of use.
The Nutanix and Lenovo partnership will reduce IT complexity and cost and increase greater efficiency and agility in data centers of all sizes through:
- A jointly developed and branded family of Lenovo appliances powered by Nutanix software
- Sizable investments by both companies in joint platform development, performance engineering, and a dedicated and skilled salesforce
- Nutanix Hyperconverged Decision Tool
- Nutanix Sales Enablement Portal (Nutanix Portal Registration Required)
- Lenovo and Nutanix Partnership Press Release – Nov. 4, 2015
- HX Series Press Release- Dec. 7 2015
- Lenovo Converged HX Series Appliance Datasheet
- Lenovo – Nutanix Hyperconverged Whitepaper
- Lenovo & Nutanix: Mapping the Route to Leadership Infographic
Lenovo CONVERGED HX Series nutanix appliances
It’s no secret that Lenovo leads the industry in x86 server reliability and customer satisfaction. Your customers can count on getting the same unbeatable performance, engineering, and security in the new Lenovo Converged HX Series Nutanix Appliances, creating the optimal foundation and greatest value in the hyperconverged market.