The first 100% VMware-powered Hyper-converged Infrastructure Appliance
The Dell Engineered Solutions for VMware EVO:RAIL is a pre-configured, fully integrated, hyper-converged appliance designed to help you deploy applications faster, scale up and down easier, and better-manage infrastructure and workload delivery.
Linear Scaling and Performance by Simply Adding Appliances:
- Each HCIA adds compute, storage, networking, and management in minutes
- New appliances are automatically added to the cluster with zero configuration
- Provides peer awareness through IPv6 auto-discovery
- Initially support four appliances (16 hosts) in v1
- Later releases will scale out further
This turnkey integrated system can deploy VMs in only minutes from the moment you power up. The Dell solution scales quickly to meet growing user and business needs. And the system delivers greater ease of use thanks to an intuitive and integrated user interface that simplifies configuration and management.
Dell Hardware – Each Appliance Includes:
- Four server nodes in a single 2U server
- 192GB of physical memory per node
- Twelve 1.2TB SAS drives, four 480 SSD, and four 300GB SAS drives (for the boot OS), for a total of 20 drivers per appliance
- 13.1TB vSAN datastore / appliance
- 1.6TB read / write cache per appliance
- 10GbE Ethernet
- Dell Services three-year ProSupport for Hardware
- Optional: ProSupport (Mission Critical)
The Dell 2U/4 node server is designed to deliver the highest possible performance in a dense, scale-out package. This shared-infrastructure server offers a mix of performance and efficiency that makes it an exceptional data center building block for VMware environments.
For quotes or assistance on a DELL EVO Rail opportunity, call 855-689-0262 or email email@example.com.